Putting the FUN in Fun-d-raising!
Congratulations… you have the first step in helping to change the lives of children with autism. Thank you for joining us on this amazing journey.
So here are our top tips to help you with your fundraising for Take A Hike.
1) Start by setting an easy goal and raise it later. Start with a goal of $500 and once this is hit, raise the goal! Beating the goal is something else you can share on social media encouraging more donations. The first $500 should be easy…
- make the first donation to your page of $50
- ask four family members to match your donation
- ask five colleagues if they will donate $10 to your page
- once you have this initial $300 – share share share on social media – you will have raised $500 in no time
2) Make sure you are sharing your story by personalising your fundraising page – a photo is perfect as well as your own inspirational words
3) Run a raffle, free dress down, morning tea at work… another easy way to raise hundreds of dollars – remember to ask your chef friends to help with the baking.
4) Does your company match donations? Many do and they will match whatever fundraising you are able to achieve. Just speak to HR.
5) Ask people to join your team… it is much more fun to take part in Take A Hike as part of a group. You can even glam it up with your own style. Everyone loves a fashion statement.
6) Have fun. Fundraising is not supposed to be a task. We will be sending you weekly updates leading up to the big day with some additional tips and tricks. Remember the amazing life changing difference you are makings in the lives of children with autism. You are a SUPER STAR – THANK YOU!